D2 Asia-USA Public Trading Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMedal List

Share | 

Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Krawn
Krawn
Administrator
Administrator

Prestige : 27

Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide Vide
PostSubject: Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide   Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide EmptyWed May 12, 2010 9:21 pm

Smiters are generally the best class for PvP. They can handle pretty much any class except a good hammerdin which is a lot more they can handle in ratio with other classes
The Item build:

Helm: Shako/Crown of Ages (with Ber's)

Amulet: Highlords/Mara kaleidoscope/rare amulet with 2 pal/strength/dex
Armor: Enigma AP or Dusk shroud/ Fortitude AP (personally i say enigma is much better)

Shield(s):Vortex Exile/Sacred Targe Exile/ +2 Pal/30/20 ar/ed 2 socket rare shield Herald of Zakarum/ 205 Resistance shield(make this with 45 res ST/VS and add 4 perfect gems) (A good smiter keeps all of them for change when dealing with different classes)

Weapon: Grief Berserker Axe/ Grief Phase Blade ( Keep PB for when you fight a cold sorc/druid, because the PB has faster attack speed. BA for all others)
Rings: Raven frost/ Wisp Projector/ Bul Katho's/Rare 20 strength,15 dex, life ring/

Boots and gloves: use draculs grasp and sandstorm treks. treks are interchangeable with gores if using HoZ
You can also use a rare glove with 20 IAS/10 Crushing blow/ strength/ dex/ life( These glove are slightly more expensive)

Belt: Verdungos mithril coil for most duels. Switch to thundergods when fighting lightning casters.

On switch use Call to arms with spirit.

Torch Annihilus are a must

Skill and stats setup:

Strength: None should go here, unless your gear is really crap and you can't wear anything. But to wear all items without strength, equip anni torch. then draculs, then treks, followed by enigma. this should be the correct order to successfully strength-bug your gear.

Dex: Put on your holy shield with Vortex exile, then add enough dex untill you get 75 block. This is usually about 70-80 dex points added

Vita: Everything else here

Energy: Nothing. If you added anything here, you are a noob.

Build 1:
Skills

Pure Smiter setup
Smite
Holy shield
Fanaticsm
Defiance
(These skils are a must to max, in order to get the most benefit out of holy shield)

Which character is this build good against?

This build is good against other smiter, and barbarian. Because you max Defiance here, your defense rating from holy shield will increase a lot.

Build 2:

Smiter/Charger Hybrid - My personal favourite
Instead of the above, the skills you max are:

Smite
Holy shield
Fanaticism
Vigor
Charge

By maxing vigor, you give a shitload of damage bonus to charge, and with charge maxed, your attack rating will be very high when coupled with fanaticsm.
1 Charge from a good built smiter of this setup, can take away half hp from a 7125hp druid with 50% damage reduction. Thats a 1 hit KO to anyone under 3.k hp and not having DR.

Which character is this build good against?

This build is very effective against other smiter, sorceress, amazon, assassin, and druid. Because the charge damage is so high, a caster can be killed easily in 1 or 2 hits.
But this build is less effective against barbarian than the PURE Smiter.

I hope you guys liked this guide!
Vote for me with the + button by the side if you liked this!

Krawn
Back to top Go down
http://www.d2asia-usa.net
ViperRacer_001

Kicker
Kicker

Prestige : 0

PostSubject: Re: Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide   Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide EmptyFri May 14, 2010 8:33 am

Quote :
Energy: Nothing. If you added anything here, you are a noob.
Hahaha so true. Nice guide it's very clear, you clearly know what you're talking about.

I think you may have a typo with the '205 resist shield' Unless you mean 205 with all your gear + shield. 19x4+45 comes to 121, or with the value of um runes these days if you find a base like that you may as well whack 4 of them in. That would be a 133 resist shield.

Edit: Sorry i thought you meant resist all.
Back to top Go down
Opiate
Opiate
Administrator
Administrator

Prestige : 8

PostSubject: Re: Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide   Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide EmptySun May 16, 2010 9:25 pm

Bear in mind, this is only one kind of build.

It is, however, a great guide. Thank you Krawn. (I would post my own for Sorc but I feel it's too much effort to write mearly to give away my secrets Razz)
Back to top Go down
Nirvana

Kicker
Kicker

Prestige : 0

PostSubject: Re: Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide   Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide EmptyTue Jul 20, 2010 5:04 am

nice useful guide
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide   Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide Empty

Back to top Go down

Krawndemon's Home Made Smiter Guide

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D2 Asia-USA Public Trading Forum :: Character Guides :: Paladin-