D2 Asia-USA Public Trading Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomePortalGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog inMedal List

Share | 

What is a dupe?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
superarts

Kicker
Kicker

Prestige : 0

What is a dupe? Vide
PostSubject: What is a dupe?   What is a dupe? EmptyThu May 20, 2010 2:19 pm

I'm new to D2 BN and failed to find an official English Asia trading forum so I finally got here. I got all items by run-baal or run-diablo. Could someone tell me some basic knowledges? Thanks in advance.

1. I read in this forum that "bot" and "dupe" are different. Is bot allowed in BN? Won't that get your account banned? I want to know about the risk (how many percentage your account will be banned by using a bot), or maybe where I can get such bot.

2. What is a "dupe"? I totally have no idea what item can be a "dupe", considering bot-ted item is not "dupe".
3. How could you tell an item is "dupe"? I mean, if someone said it's MFed or BOT-ed or "dupe", how could other people tell if he's saying the truth?
Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
Opiate
Opiate
Administrator
Administrator

Prestige : 8

What is a dupe? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What is a dupe?   What is a dupe? EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:10 am

1: A bot is a programme that acts as a player in game. It can be run all day and never need to take a bathroom break or eat anything! You can set your bot to do any number of things. From Baal runs to magic finding to leveling.

Some bots are still usable on BN. However, everyone who uses a bot, runs the risk of their account (the one the bot is using) being banned should Blizzard decide that they should.

2: A dupe is an item that have been dupliated (duped). In other words, one item that has been used to create many of the same item. The original item remains legitimate and the doubles are called dupes. Dupes may "poof" when in the same game as another of these dupes with the same item code (made from the same legitimate item). However, runes that are duped become permed (permanant) when used in rune words.

3: Sadly there is no real way to tell if the item is a dupe. We simply have to go on peoples word. However, if the user has a bot log (bots keep a log of what they find) to prove it is real, then you know for sure it is legit. Another way of knowing is, if the price is really low for the item you are buying, there is a good chance it is a dupe. Mostly, it's a gamble.

I hope this has been some help!

Opiate
Back to top Go down
superarts

Kicker
Kicker

Prestige : 0

What is a dupe? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What is a dupe?   What is a dupe? EmptySun May 23, 2010 1:34 am

Thank you! And the kitty is cute too Smile
Back to top Go down
Opiate
Opiate
Administrator
Administrator

Prestige : 8

What is a dupe? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What is a dupe?   What is a dupe? EmptySun May 23, 2010 7:08 pm

No problem. And thanks. I think she's rather sweet Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

What is a dupe? Vide
PostSubject: Re: What is a dupe?   What is a dupe? Empty

Back to top Go down

What is a dupe?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
D2 Asia-USA Public Trading Forum :: Help Desk :: Questions and Assistance-